GAME ON – OLG needs you
We Said GAME ON, and We Really Mean It – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital (OLG.ca), retail lottery and casino channels earthly. In our 2019-20 fiscal year alone, OLG reported net income of over $ 2.3 billion in the province of Ontario. OLG is expanding its horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a global leader in gaming entertainment with a digital platform admired globally.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a Senior Financial Analyst analyze financial data and prepare financial performance reports, forecast trends and perform financial analysis to interpret business performance to aid decision making by various executives.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Senior Director of Finance, Land Games, you will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of business models and spreadsheets that capture and leverage financial data to be analyzed and interpreted, in addition to the elements following:
- Perform detailed financial and operational analyzes and reports on historical and forecast trends to interpret and derive information from financial results
- Create ad hoc analyzes and reports to provide recommendations to improve performance and gain insight
- Assist with financial analysis and support annual reports, management discussions and analyzes, and disclosure of notes for external financial statements
- Analyze current processes and develop improvements to create efficiency gains
- Execute OLG’s forecasting processes on a quarterly and annual basis, and streamline processes as needed to gain efficiency and better understand trends and divisional progress towards strategic goals
- Help develop financial aspects in all economic cycles
- Assemble, analyze and communicate the financial results to the finance department
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
- Professional experience: 3 to 5 years of experience with accounting principles, financial analysis, briefing notes and financial controls and procedures
- Education: University degree in accounting, business, finance or related discipline, Chartered Professional Accountant designation or work at a higher level is an asset
- We are also looking for someone with: great attention to detail as analysis is used in decision making by business leaders, superior problem solving and critical thinking skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills, advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, with Excel as main objective, mastery of financial / accounting software, ability to locate and collect data from appropriate sources for analysis
- Collaboration and fun: inclusive and collaborative working style while creating fun and enthusiasm in our work
- Integrity and Trust: do what is right and operate with transparency and openness
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE TEAM
Part of a larger image: socially responsible company that gives all its profits back to the province and the people of Ontario
Flexible working environment: to help balance work and life
You count: family-friendly work practices and remote working
Freedom to innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
Be your authentic self: environment that values ââdiversity as a source of strength
Learning galore: 24/7 access to robust online learning programs
Public service pension plan: participate in a large defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
Variable compensation program: performance-based incentives to share our success
Learn About OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s goal is to contribute to a better Ontario by providing great entertainment experiences to its customers. We are a multi-billion dollar organization with a wide range of business lines including lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horse racing and charity gaming. OLG is at the heart of a massive transformation to be customer-obsessed and take our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be founded on genuine, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity and openness in everything we do. We support and empower employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family-friendly work practices, including remote working.
Equity, diversity and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone of our values ââof respect, integrity, stewardship and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the opportunity to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills for the benefit of the people and the province of Ontario.
As we reshape and grow our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose and ensuring our business delivers meaningful results. benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested in the province, contributing to the quality of life of Ontarians. To learn more about OLG, visit our website at www.olg.ca.
We look forward to hearing from you. Interested candidates should apply online before November 2, 2021.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] if you require accommodations at any time during the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.