Under supervision, the Financial Analyst is responsible for directing the Accounts Payable process as well as monitoring payments based on the company’s current cash flow. Additionally, the financial analyst performs a variety of complex accounting functions in the preparation, processing, maintenance, verification and reconciliation of liabilities and associated accounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform various accounting tasks when preparing, processing and maintaining vendor accounts.
2. Investigate and analyze discrepancies and process appropriate corrections.
3. Maintain and prepare records and reports.
4. Prepare a financial analysis using financial tools, budgets, forecasts, spreadsheets and database management concepts.
5. Create and design reports and spreadsheets; plan and monitor work production timelines to meet strict deadlines of reporting regulations; prepare departmental correspondence as required.
6. Examine the accounts payable subledger for aging and any discrepancies or discrepancies.
7. Review, analyze and update materiel management accruals monthly. Assess the reasonableness of the accrual and make the necessary corrections.
8. Close the Accounts Payable module in Meditech on a monthly basis.
9. Prepare and file the monthly HST return.
10. Prepare monthly manual journal entries (including manual month-end accrual).
11. Ensure that AP batches are properly recorded in the general ledger at month end.
12. Perform a monthly reconciliation of the accounts payable sub-ledger with the general ledger.
13. Complete monthly bank reconciliation.
14. Assist in preparation for year-end audit and reconciliations.
15. Assist in the development of new procedures as required.
16. Maintain Accounts Payable Dictionaries and Vendor Dictionary
17. Administer the corporate visa program
18. Maintain fixed assets and grants sub-ledgers and perform quarterly reconciliation with general ledger.
19. Close the fixed assets module in Meditech on a monthly basis.
20. Review employee expense reports to ensure compliance with travel and expense reimbursement policy.
21. Other assigned duties.
1. University degree in business administration; or related field.
2. 3 years of recent experience in an accounting environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Ability to work efficiently and effectively as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment in stressful situations.
2. Ability to maintain productive working relationships with the interdisciplinary team to achieve positive patient outcomes.
3. Ability to organize time effectively to perform job duties.
4. Ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner. Behavior consistent with the mission, values and performance standards of the hospital.
5. Ability to read, write and communicate to perform the duties of the position. Software applications related to accounts payable and general accounting systems.
6. Strong working knowledge of accounting and financial reporting principles and procedures. Understanding of financial controls and procedures.
7. Ability to interpret, explain and comply with negotiated contracts, prescribed laws, rules, regulations and procedures.
1. Customer service, interpersonal and telephone skills.
2. Computer skills in a Microsoft environment.
3. Configure and maintain database files; create spreadsheets and other related forms, reports and documents.
4. Establish priorities and organize work to meet deadlines; coordinate a variety of projects simultaneously. Ability to work well under
5. Analytical and problem solving skills to prepare and maintain complex accounts payable transactions and reconcile differences within established accounting systems.
Note: Due to the changing nature of the job and the work to be performed, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time. Only those selected for the recruitment process will be contacted.
The Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for applicants. Accommodation requests can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, provided the candidate has met the requirements of the vacancy. Applicants should make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All inquiries are treated confidentially.