LOCATION: Scotts Valley, Merced or Salinas, California
We have the opportunity to join the Alliance as a Financial Analyst within the Accounting Department.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE: Reporting to the Financial Manager, you:
- Provide support to a variety of complex Finance Division processes and programs, conduct research and analysis, and prepare reports
- Perform revenue trend research and analysis, facilitate revenue reporting, support revenue development, revenue reconciliation, and accounting and rate sheet validations
- Assist in the design, development, validation and automation of complex financial reports, financial models and analysis documents used by finance management in decision making
ABOUT THE TEAM: We oversee the overall financial management of the Alliance, including maintaining, recording and reporting the financial activities of the organization.
As a team, we are committed professionals who are passionate about the work we do. Our process is detail driven, high volume and fast paced. We work in a supportive and collegial environment that promotes professional growth and success, embraces challenges, celebrates accomplishments and is fun.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE:
- Have a background in finance/accounting with a passion for continuous growth and learning in their field
- Skilled in getting work done, managing priorities and deadlines while maintaining commitment to accountability and results
- Be curious and consider the big picture of the organization when approaching work
- Demonstrate independence while enjoying being part of a collaborative team
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED:
To read the full job description and list of requirements, click here.
- The principles, practices and methods of financial analysis, accounting and budgeting, and financial control/monitoring
- Research, analysis and reporting methods
- Windows based PC system and Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel (including the use of pivot tables) and database software management
- financial state
- Principles and Practices of Statistical Analysis
- Apply sound financial judgment when analyzing information and making recommendations
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, accurately collect, manage and analyze data, identify issues, offer recommendations and potential consequences, and mitigate risks
- Prepare clear, accurate and complete financial and narrative reports
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, organize work, keep accurate records, and meet goals and deadlines
- Apply rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related field
- A minimum of three years of experience in financial analysis (a master’s degree can replace two years of required experience); or an equivalent combination of education and experience may qualify
- Although this position is connected to one of our Alliance offices, we are currently in a hybrid work-from-home environment and anticipate that the interview process will take place remotely.
- Our Alliance offices officially reopened on May 2, 2022 and while some employees may work full-time from home, attendance at quarterly company-wide events or department meetings will be expected.
- Depending on the nature of the work, this position may require on-site presence, which is dependent on business requirements. Details on this can be reviewed during the interview process.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements: Currently, this position requires vaccination or regular testing upon entering the office. Fully vaccinated and boosted is defined as receiving the second dose of a 2-dose series (eg Pfizer & Moderna vaccines) OR receiving a single dose vaccine (eg Johnson & Johnson); AND receipt of the reminder (if eligible); AND a period of 2 weeks having elapsed since the last dose of vaccine was administered. If you claim to be vaccinated, proof of vaccination must be presented at the time of hiring.
In addition, all Alliance positions must meet these minimum qualifications.
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Lots of paid vacation
- 11 paid holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust health and wellness program
- EV charging stations
- And much more
ABOUT US: We are a group of more than 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission to provide accessible, quality healthcare guided by local innovation. We feel our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work every day knowing that we have made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you’ll be part of a respectful, diverse, professional, and fun culture, and where you’ll be empowered to do your best. As a nonprofit regional health plan, we serve members in Merced, Monterey, and Santa Cruz counties. To learn more about us, see our fact sheet.
HOW TO REGISTER: If you are interested, please submit an online application here.
At present, the Alliance does not offer any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, continuous basis without the need, now or in the future, for any type of employer supported or provided by sponsorship.