CONCORD IS THE INDEPENDENT WORLD LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, ACQUISITION AND MANAGEMENT OF RECORDED MUSIC, MUSIC PUBLISHING AND THEATER PERFORMING RIGHTS.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Miami, London and Berlin, Concord boasts a diverse and vibrant roster of active artists, composers and songwriters, as well as an extensive historical catalog of works by some of the most treasured names. in the history of music
The Senior Financial Analyst, Recorded Music, reporting to the Vice President of Financial Reporting and Internal Control, will support the development and distribution of various financial and ad hoc reports. In addition, the Senior Financial Analyst must work closely with Accounting, FP&A and Information Systems to produce accurate financial reports, research variances from budget and prior year, identify and implement improvements in the financial reporting department.
What you will do:
- Support the preparation of monthly GAAP financial statements and financial reports, including
- Prepare label financial statements, domestic/international revenue and sales reports
- Prepare operating expense and personnel reports
- Prepare synchronization and license revenue reports
- Prepare cash receipts report
- Prepare marketing and expense recording reports
- Assist in creating and transitioning financial reports to Cognos Analytics
- Develop and maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process
- Prepare internal financial and business reports to provide management with timely and useful information
- Assistance in the preparation of the quarterly file of the board of directors
- Build relationships and partnerships across departments to fully understand how all the pieces fit together, how information is used and can be used by various functions within the business
- Develop and update written policies and procedures on financial reporting processes
- Other general financial duties assigned
- Ensure that reports, filings and documentation comply with company regulations, professional standards and SEC and GAAP reporting guidelines
- Provide financial support and reporting to the FP&A team
- Execute artist P&Ls to support weekly artist deal discussions/budgets
- Work with FP&A to update forecast model with monthly actuals
Provide reports/data to FP&A to support ad hoc projects as requested
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting or finance
- Development of Microsoft Office Excel skills
- Experience working with NetSuite and ability to create/design reports in Cognos Analytics highly preferred
- CPA (a plus but not required) with at least 4 years of experience in a Big 4 accounting firm, with heavy exposure to SEC and financial reporting
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations is required, combined with the ability to research and propose corporate positions on complex accounting issues
- International accounting and problem recognition experience is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle ambiguity and complexity well
- Ability to execute and follow through to completion and documentation
- *This is a hybrid role requiring a minimum of 3 days onsite.
At Concord, we offer comprehensive medical and wellness benefits, generous time off, parental leave, charity game, paid time off for volunteering, and other fun company benefits. We have beautiful new offices and a culture committed to supporting everyone’s growth and development.
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status and any other protected status, such as requires applicable law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity are paramount to creating music, theater and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.